Its true, cravings can be really crazy. So I decided to try out my own version of chocolate Burfi. And I guess this was the right time to show off my culinary talent to my In laws and to be in good notion with them.
I tried the recipe before so i was bit confident in making it...and my recipes goes like....
Haryali mawa - 500 gm
Normal sugar - 300 gm
Cardamon powder - 5 gm
Pistachio puree - 350 gm
Cocoa powder - 50 gm
Sliced pistachio - for garnish
|2.Cooked mawa and sugar|
- Fine grate the mawa and cook it in the frying pan with the perfect amount of sugar.
- Cook the mixture for around half an hour on slow flame.(stir continuously)
- The mixture should be lump free and thick in consistency.
- Add the cardamon flavor and pistachio puree, mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the greased rectangular mold.
- Make the same mixture by adding cocoa powder and spread it over the pistachio flavor mixture.
- Its the making of two layered burfi with different flavor and color.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 3-4 hours.
- Demold it and cut into required shape and garnish it with warq and flakes of pistachios.
|3. Pista spread|
|4. Chocolate spread|
|5. After set|