In recent years, red velvet cake and red velvet cupcakes have become popular in US and many other european countries too.
For me, it is very dramatic cake with its bright and red color that is offset by a creamy white frosting. It is completely sinful.Being a chef, I was just aware of the product.Last month when i had this cake at first, it gave me awesome feeling by its appearance and its taste. It was completely sinful.
Immediately, next day I started with my recipe to develope the cake with presentation of my style.
Its going to be splendid for you all. So here with the recipe.
For the sponge :
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder 20 gm
Unsalted butter 113 gm
Powdered sugar 300 gm
Eggs 2 nos.
Vanilla extract 2 tsp
Buttermilk 240 ml
Red liquid color 2 tbsp
Distilled vinegar 1 tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
For cream frosting :
Amul cream cheese 250gm
Mascarpone cheese 250 gm
White chocolate 100 gm
Amul cooking cream 50 gm
Whipping cream to fold
For the red sponge -
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 C. Grease the cake mould and dust the cake mould with flour. Keep it ready.
2. In a mixing bowl, take flour, salt, cocoa powder. Set aside.
4. Add the eggs one at the time, beating well.
5. Take buttermilk and add edible red color, also thick beetroot juice can do.
7. In small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda mixture and quickly fold into the cake batter.
8. Working quickly pour the mixture in the greased cake tin and bake it at 180 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
9. After baking, refrigerate the sponge and then start layering.
For the cream frosting -
1. Make a white ganache by adding melted white chocolate to the boiled amul cooking cream. Set aside.
2. With electric beater, mix both the cream and add white ganache and fold in whipped cream as required.
3. Set this mixture in refrigerator for an hour. And ready for application
Enjoy making !!!!