Tuesday 9 June 2015

Tea time for Mumbaikars...

Mawa cake is all time favourite of all "Mumbaikars". Mawa cakes are popular from the outlets like Persian bakery, B. Merwan in Grant Road and old Irani Cafe. My relation with the mawa cake has been something to the distant cousin. I don't see them everyday but whenever I crave for it , I rush in my kitchen to bake the perfect recipe. So today in my post I am going to reveal my secret recipe of making mawa cake which taste exactly the same of the original.



Enjoy the recipe to experience the originality of Mawa Cake.

Ingredients

Flour                        85 gms
Mawa                      35 gms
Icing sugar               115gms
Butter/margarine      70 gms
Eggs                        2 no.
Baking powder        1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder  1/2 tsp
Paper cups              10 no.
Water/milk                2 tbsp (if required)

Method:

1. Grate the ordinary mawa finely. sieve the flour with the baking powder and mix with mawa and fat (butter/margarine).


2. Cream the fat until light and fluffy.


3. Add the beaten eggs to the cream mixture.


4. Fold in the flour mawa mixture lightly.


5. Add water if needed to get dropping consistency.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake tin or paper cups placed in muffin trays and bake at 180 C for 25 minutes.



NOTE : Raisins are optional can added in the flour.

Relish the mawa cake with Garam chai accompanying an old time cinema.
Ahaaa ! What else...from busy life of mumbai....(being true mumbaikar).



No comments:

Post a Comment