Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Tea time for Mumbaikars...
Enjoy the recipe to experience the originality of Mawa Cake.
Flour 85 gms
Mawa 35 gms
Icing sugar 115gms
Butter/margarine 70 gms
Eggs 2 no.
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Paper cups 10 no.
Water/milk 2 tbsp (if required)
1. Grate the ordinary mawa finely. sieve the flour with the baking powder and mix with mawa and fat (butter/margarine).
2. Cream the fat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the beaten eggs to the cream mixture.
4. Fold in the flour mawa mixture lightly.
5. Add water if needed to get dropping consistency.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake tin or paper cups placed in muffin trays and bake at 180 C for 25 minutes.
NOTE : Raisins are optional can added in the flour.
Relish the mawa cake with Garam chai accompanying an old time cinema.
Ahaaa ! What else...from busy life of mumbai....(being true mumbaikar).
First of all let me thank you for visiting this blog out of your precious time.
My name is Mrs Amrita Prabhu Desai living and working in Mumbai with a lifelong addiction to all sweet things coincide to be a traveler. My love for baking,cooking and travelling has led me down to some unexpected but very rewarding paths.
I’m still trying to expand my horizons by filling up myself with inspirations and ideas. I am always eager to try new ideas and experiments in the kitchen and to discover the known place in completely new manner. I also like to photograph things around me for the perfect image of the results.
My creativity is charged by inspiration ; cookbooks, chefs I admire, restaurants I visit and not the least, the sights and smells as I walk down the street and discover.
I am very excited to start up with my blog. You’ll never know where life takes you, so just get out there and start doing it.
I look forward to hear from you all and please do leave a note.
Happy Baking and cooking with endless travelling !!!